Online Masterclass – Integrated Marketing Communications Masterclass
August 10 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
In a decade of fake news, short attention spans and decreasing budgets, how on earth do you create marketing PR campaigns that make an impact and deliver results for your organisation or your brand?
With the proliferation of channels – owned, earned and paid – communication professionals now need to understand consumers and the market better than ever before. We also need to understand the communications channels and how they work.
Generating consumer insights, understanding brands and then developing the creative ideas that bring them together in one glorious public relations campaign is the subject of this short course. Not quite the search for the Holy Grail but some insights into how to light the way.
- PR’s place in the marketing mix
- Understanding the consumer
- Developing integrated marcomms plans based on consumer insights
- Identifying the right communication channels
- Case studies to demonstrate this approach in action
- Understanding the marketing communications environment
- Learn how to find consumer insights and understand brands
- Learns ways to develop PR plans based on these understanding
Claudia Macdonald, Mango
In 1995 Claudia started a PR agency within DDB Group, promoting both DDB clients and campaigns. Renamed Mango in 2000, it has become one of New Zealand’s best known communications agencies offering PR, experiential /events and social media.
With 20 staff, Mango boasts an array of blue chip and boutique clients including Qantas, Specsavers, McDonald’s, Business Mentors NZ and American Express.
A former journalist, Claudia’s strength lies in having an instinctive knowledge of what appeals to both consumers and media. With more than 30 years communications experience both in NZ and the UK, Claudia has worked across all communications disciplines.
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available for PRINZ Student members. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.