Measurement and Evaluation for Communications
September 1 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
As a public relations professional you add immense value to organisations, communities and causes. The question though is, how do you demonstrate this value in measurable terms and in a time overwhelmed by issues of trust, transparency and shifting media landscapes? If you are not certain about the answer, you are not alone.
Globally, measurement and evaluation are considered core components of professional public relations practice, yet it remains a challenge for most practitioners. The lack of time, budget and knowledge of current models and tools doesn’t help either.
This session provides you with everything you need to know about applying measurement and evaluation in context to your specific requirements. Basically, it helps you get savvy about demonstrating the value of your public relations activity.
- Get In-the-know: understand globally accepted models and frameworks
- Get going: learn how to interpret results and apply to strategic planning and implementation
- Get savvy: get familiar with the tools and techniques that help monitor progress and measure success (including online dashboards)
- Get ahead: apply learnings to your own public relations context
- Understanding of current and globally accepted standards of research, measurement and evaluation for public relations.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques that can aid in your measurement and reporting process.
- Ability to create a measurement and evaluation framework that suits your public relations context
Deepti Bhargava, Lecturer, Public Relations, Auckland University of Technology
Deepti Bhargava is a public relations lecturer at AUT University, teaching across various papers including the student led PR agency – Outside the Square. In this paper, students work with real-life clients and she and her colleagues guide them to use planning, evaluation and reflection as critical tools of PR success.
She is passionate about the impact good public relations practice can have on organisations and communities and hopes to inspire the same in those she works with.
She is an Accredited Member of PRINZ and is currently Chief Examiner for the PRINZ Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) programme. Prior to joining AUT, Deepti worked in corporate communications at Unitec institute of Technology. Her role included the governance, planning, implementation and monitoring of online communications. In her prior life overseas, she has also worked across advertising and feature writing.
Deepti is currently pursuing Ph.D. research on the occupational culture of New Zealand’s public relations consultancies.
This course content aligns with the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To provide contextual intelligence
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.