New to public relations and ready to build your future career? Then this course is for you.
Specially designed for new or recent entrants, the four online sessions cover the fundamentals, the expectations, the tools, the settings – and, most important of all – the ethics of practice. We also look to the future to help you stay informed (and able to dazzle your colleagues with insights when you get back to the office).
Please note, this workshop is across four mornings:
February 27 @ 9.00am – 12.00pm
February 28 @ 9.00am – 12.00pm
March 1 @ 9.00am – 12.00pm
March 2 @ 9.00am – 12.00pm
You will cover:
- What is public relations and what constitutes ethical practice?
- Inside or out? External and internal communications – the differences, expectations and experiences
- Spot the difference – discover the worlds of corporate communication, digital advocacy, marketing communication, change communication, public sector, community engagement and more
- Creativity meets complexity – a look at the hard stuff including crisis communication, reputation management, risks and issues
- Beginner’s guide to building a PR tech stack
- Smart skills – short, sharp sessions serving a smorgasbord of basic skills. Covers written, visual, digital and oral communication, planning, research, measurement and evaluation and is filled with hands-on moments to allow you to experiment and explore
- Greater understanding of the fundamentals of public relations practice
- Introduction to communication skills and competences
- Knowledge and understanding of ethical public relations practice
This course is aligned with the Global Capability Framework for public relations and communication, with a focus on the following communication and organisational capabilities:
- To facilitate relationships and build trust with internal and external stakeholders and communities
- To build and enhance organisational reputation
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
Zoom links will go out closer to the date to allow for those last minute sign ups! Please do check your spam box.
Your presenter is..
Catherine Arrow, LPRINZ, FCIPR, Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner
Catherine Arrow is an international public relations consultant and educator. She heads PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and development centre for public relations and communication professionals delivering online and face-to-face training.
A PRINZ Life member, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner, Catherine has served the public relations profession for many years contributing at national and global levels. She is a former Secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management, serving on the board from 2008 – 2015.
Alongside her own consultancy work, she lectures, writes and speaks about public relations. Her career has spanned both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and, in 2012, she was presented with the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.