Advancing Digital Strategy
July 6 @ 9:30 am - July 7 @ 12:00 pm
This course is presented online via Zoom in two parts at the following times:
Part one: 6 July – 9.30am – 12pm
Part two: 7 July – 9.30am – 12pm
Please note both sessions are part of the same course.
This course is limited to 12 participants. Small course numbers allow for tailored content and quality interaction between the facilitator and participants.
Shaken by COVID-19 and stirred by social upheaval, if there has been a constant it has been the seismic shift to digital transformation. Organisations previously reluctant to immerse themselves in the digital environment have – ready or not – been compelled to jump in.
So how do you advance the digital relations strategy for your organisation? What shape should that take? This session – digital of course – takes you through the latest technologies, how to use them effectively to develop and implement a digital strategy that meets your organisational outcomes and builds the relationships necessary to maintain your licence to operate.
- Tackling digital transformation – audit, assessment and planning
- Applying artificial intelligence to online communication
- Understanding data driven engagement
- Identifying online communities – the shifting search imperative
- The influencer conundrum
- Ten steps towards developing and implementing a sound digital strategy
- Measuring and evaluating social media and online engagement
- Ethics, regulation and the practice shifts ahead
- Understanding and knowledge of trends and patterns within the digital environment
- Understanding and knowledge of digital strategy and implementation
- Understanding and knowledge of online measurement, resourcing and implementation
Catherine Arrow, LPRINZ, FCIPR, Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner
Catherine Arrow is an international public relations consultant and educator. She heads PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and development centre for public relations and communication professionals delivering online and face-to-face training.
A PRINZ Life member, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner, Catherine serves on the Global Alliance Advisory Council following eight years of service as board member and secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management.
Alongside her training and consultancy work, she lectures and speaks about public relations in New Zealand and around the world. Recent publications include a chapter on future public relations practice in the CIPR book, ‘Lessons from Expert Practitioners’. Her career spans the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and, in 2012, was presented with the PRINZ President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.
This course content aligns with the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled.