CPD and Certificate of Practice
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is both an investment in yourself and a way to advance the public relations profession. It demonstrates a commitment to best practice and helps you develop the knowledge and skills needed to stay relevant and at the top of your game.
Member participation in CPD activities is recognised with ‘Gold’ ‘Silver’ and ‘Bronze’ membership tier dependent on the number of professional development activities that you engage in.
Bronze Member: Upon joining or renewal, all members are awarded ‘Bronze’ membership.
Silver Member: Members who engage in more than five CPD activities are upgraded to ‘Silver’ membership. The Silver tier is automatically awarded to PRINZ Awards entrants and judges, CPD course presenters and members involved in the mentoring programme.
Gold Member: Members who engage in more than ten CPD activities receive ‘Gold’ membership. The Gold tier is also automatically awarded to members enrolled in the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) programme, attend the Annual Conference, or who sit on the PRINZ Board, Divisional Committee, or Special Interest Group. Gold tier members receive an annual Certificate of Practice.
You may earn credit for any verified CPD activities including:
- Attending or presenting a webinar
- Attending industry related events and courses
- Speaking at or facilitating an event or course
- Becoming a mentor/mentee
- Reading relevant books/articles/research
- Completing the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) programme
- Being an APR viva voce panellist
- Entering or judging the PRINZ Awards
- Volunteer for Community Comms Collective or similar
- Activity that leads to the development of the profession: ambassador, advocate, participation in development of a practice area
- Undertaking tertiary study – PR, communication management or associated sector
Credit from an activity remains valid for 12 months, so if you continually engage in CPD activities you may retain your tier status at the time of your membership renewal.
Current members welcome to use their membership badge on professional documents, email signatures, and social media. Login to your Member dashboard to download your badge.
For assistance, please contact us on +64 9 358 9808 or email us.