PRINZ Privacy Statement
If we collect your details it is to keep you informed about public relations activities including news about training, legislation, events and current topics.
Your details are securely stored by our database service provider, TBC and will not be made available to anyone without your express permission.
You are welcome to update your email preferences under your account settings online or contact us at any time to access and update your personal information or to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications from us. We will endeavour to action your request within two working days. Email us, call us on +64 9 358 9808, or write to us at PO Box 99032, Newmarket, Auckland 1149.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
What information deos PRINZ collect?
The Public Relations Institute of New Zealand operates the website www.prinz.org.nz
As part of our operations PRINZ may gather certain types of information about the users of our site:
• Personally Identifiable Information: this is provided by you (or someone authorised by you or your organisation) when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters, surveys or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
• You can manage your email preferences by logging into your dashboard.
• Aggregated Data: this information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who does PRINZ share this information with?
• The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
• The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
• Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
• We only share your information with third parties if we have received your permission (usually at the time of collection).
What else deoes PRINZ do with personally identifiable information?
PRINZ has collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
• To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
• To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
• To help provide any other services that you have requested.
• To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
• For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
• For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
• From time to time we may use your data to target you through social media channels, like Facebook. In this case, we match encrypted (hashed) email addresses with encrypted Facebook data to identify a match in a secure environment. The hashed data is deleted as soon as the match is complete and never kept or used by Facebook or shared with any third party.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. PC or Mac), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
1. Track traffic patterns to our site
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
What about third-party cookies?
Third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on someone’s past visits to our website. Personally identifiable information is not stored by us or any third-parties.
What about PRINZ advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
Can PRINZ change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. You can now manage your email preferences by logging into your dashboard. Or to find out more about how to do this, please contact PRINZ via email, call us on +64 9 358 9808, or write to us at PO Box 99032, Newmarket, Auckland 1149.