We highly recommend registering to this course if you are considering doing APR this year. APR candidates receive a 40 % discount on this course.
Are you looking to move closer to your organisation’s leadership team? Then join us for our professional development series on public relations strategy and evaluation.
In this online course, you’ll learn the latest approaches and techniques for developing successful public relations strategies and evaluating their effectiveness. This is a vital skill set for all practitioners and this course will provide you with practical tools and techniques to help you identify outcomes, connect with key stakeholders, manage risks and issues and develop comprehensive strategies that support your organisation’s purpose.
You will explore the strategic process, learn how to set measurable objectives, select the right metrics and use relevant data to evaluate the effectiveness of your programmes. With these insights, you’ll be able to refine future strategies, improve your results and inform your crisis planning and response.
By participating in this session, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the importance of public relations strategy and evaluation and you’ll leave with the practical skills you need to apply this knowledge to your work. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals, share insights, and expand your network.
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your skills to the next level. Join us for this informative, practical and engaging session and get ready to confidently craft public relations strategies that deliver results.
Please note, this workshop is across four mornings:
May 15 @ 9.30am – 12.00pm
May 16 @ 9.30am – 12.00pm
May 17 @ 9.30am – 12.00pm
May 18 @ 9.30am – 12.00pm
- Strategies for uncertain times – rethinking old rules
- Where are we now? Developing situational intelligence
- Critical relationships – who are you talking to, engaging with or working alongside?
- Identifying issues and risk – checking the crisis plan
- The audit – what can we do with what we’ve got?
- The good citizen – are we behaving well?
- Understanding the digital dimension – developing digital strategies
- How effective are we now – measuring what’s in place and what matters
- Setting your destination – what are your outcomes?
- Navigation – how will you get there and what resources do you need?
- Knowing when you’ve arrived – measuring and evaluating success
- Creative problem solving, courageous strategies, choosing channels
- Understanding the dimensions and scope of public relations strategies
- Understanding approaches to research, measurement and evaluation
- Understanding the role of issues and risk in strategic planning
- Understanding and knowledge of effective strategy development
- Understanding and knowledge of effective stakeholder engagement
- Understanding of creative problem solving strategic challenges
- Understanding the role of situational intelligence and behavioural analysis
Your presenter is..
Catherine Arrow is an international public relations consultant and educator. She heads PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and development centre for public relations and communication professionals delivering online and face-to-face training.
A PRINZ Life member, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner, Catherine has served the public relations profession for many years contributing at national and global levels. She is a former Secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management, serving on the board from 2008 – 2015.
Alongside her own consultancy work, she lectures, writes and speaks about public relations. Her career has spanned both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and, in 2012, she was presented with the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.