In case you missed it, 2023 was a blockbuster year for artificial intelligence and, with OpenAI’s groundbreaking release of custom GPTs – just before the company’s own reputational meltdown – 2024 is shaping up to be even more challenging. For public relations and communication professionals, AI presents us with technological marvels on the one hand and ethical minefields on the other. We’re the reputation lifeguards in this wild AI ocean, helping our organisations navigate safely through these uncharted waters – and you need to know what that entails.
This session is a ‘must do’ for practitioners at any stage of their career so join us and chart a
course through these turbulent AI times, make sure your organisations don’t lose their way – and
that you don’t get left behind.
• Truth or Dare – tackling the spread of convincing – but false – content by generative AI and
how to referee the game of information hide-and-seek
• Get to grips with AI hallucinations and discover how to navigate the murky waters of
• What is your data saying about you? Explore the reputation risks of scraping and Search
• Who’s the Boss? You or ChatGPT? How to keep your humans in the loop
• The Attribution Tango – dancing between attribution and authenticity
• Privacy vs. Transparency – understanding the risks and issues
• Bias barriers – spot stereotypes and uncover bias lurking in your data
• Copyright Carousel – whirling through the ever-evolving rules of copyright in the AI era.
• Mind the Ethical Gaps – navigating the new age of human-AI relations with your moral
compass firmly in hand.
This session aligns with the Global Capability Framework, specifically professional capabilities:
• To provide valued counsel and be a trusted advisor
• To offer organisational leadership
• To work within an ethical framework on behalf of the organisation, in line with professional
and societal expectations
• To develop self and others including continuing professional learning
Zoom links will go out closer to the date to allow for those last minute sign ups! Please do check your spam box.
Your presenter is..
Catherine Arrow is founder and Executive Director of PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and training centre of excellence dedicated to the development of leadership, public relations and communication capabilities.
A pioneer in digital communications since the web’s inception, Catherine helps public and private sector organisations navigate the digital environment, build
essential relationships and maintain their licence to operate. Over the last decade, a key focus has been exploring and communicating the transformative impact of artificial intelligence on public relations and society, providing critical training and guidance worldwide.
Catherine is a Life member and Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, an Accredited Fellow of the ASEAN PR Network, and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner.
She is a Member of the Commission on Public Relations Education and a Member of the Institute of Directors. Her contributions to the public relations profession include her eight-year tenure as board member and Secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management and she is an active member of the International Advisory Board for FERPI.
Beyond her education and consultancy work, Catherine is a respected writer and speaker on the societal impacts of public relations. Her career has spanned the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, and she is a recipient of the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.