PR Strategy and Evaluation – Leading the Way
April 12 @ 9:30 am - April 13 @ 4:00 pm
Book before January 31 to receive 10% off!
In the aftermath of 2020, organisations of all types are looking for a new direction as they navigate through continued uncertainty and unpredictability. The best starting point is a clear strategy that leads the way. This session explores what you must rethink, renew and reinvent in order to develop and implement strategies that work.
Effective public relations and communication strategy supports your organisational outcomes, is feasible and can be resourced. As organisations grow in size, communication often becomes a mix of tactics, with channels full of information that hinders rather than helps. Without a clear strategy, your time and resources are wasted and the value of your work will be missed.
In this two-day session you will learn how to develop a clear strategy, tied to business outcomes that delivers results. You will be encouraged to develop strategies for your organisation with practical components designed to help you formulate effective communication plans.
- Strategies for uncertain times – rethinking old rules
- Where are we now? Developing situational intelligence
- Critical relationships – who are you talking to, engaging with or working alongside?
- Identifying issues and risk – checking the crisis plan
- The audit – what can we do with what we’ve got?
- The good citizen – are we behaving well?
- Understanding the digital dimension
- How effective are we now – measuring what’s in place and what matters
- Setting your destination – what are your outcomes?
- Navigation – how will you get there and what resources do you need?
- Knowing when you’ve arrived – measuring and evaluating success
- Creative problem solving, courageous strategies, choosing channels
- Understanding the role of issues and risk in strategic planning
- Understanding the dimensions and scope of public relations strategies
- Understanding approaches to communication research, measurement and evaluation
- Understanding and knowledge of effective strategy development
- Understanding and knowledge of effective stakeholder engagement
- Understanding of creative problem solving strategic challenges
- Understanding the role of situational intelligence and behavioural analysis
Catherine Arrow, LPRINZ, FCIPR, Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner
Catherine Arrow is an international public relations consultant and educator. She heads PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and development centre for public relations and communication professionals delivering online and face-to-face training.
A PRINZ Life member, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner, Catherine serves on the Global Alliance Advisory Council following eight years of service as board member and secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management.
Alongside her training and consultancy work, she lectures and speaks about public relations in New Zealand and around the world. Recent publications include a chapter on future public relations practice in the CIPR book, ‘Lessons from Expert Practitioners’. Her career spans the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and, in 2012, was presented with the PRINZ President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.