Lead on – Leadership Development for Public Relations and Communication Management
December 10 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
One of the greatest challenges faced by public relations and communications professionals is moving from tactician to leader, demonstrating the strategic value of our work at the highest level.
This practical and interactive session is designed to develop your leadership skills, providing an opportunity for reflection and discovery that will help build your personal leadership capability.
It provides a platform for exploration and further learning for those looking to transition from management to leadership.
- Identifying your leadership capability and personal style
- Understanding the difference between management and leadership
- Leading others and growing competences and skills among team members
- Demonstrating value
- Leadership dynamics in times of change
- Moving from tactician to trusted advisor
- Influencer networks
- Making the most of your time
- Moving forwards – building your leadership action plan
Catherine Arrow, LPRINZ, FCIPR, Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner
Catherine Arrow is an international public relations consultant and educator. She heads PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and development centre for public relations and communication professionals delivering online and face-to-face training.
A PRINZ Life member, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner, Catherine serves on the Global Alliance Advisory Council following eight years of service as board member and secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management.
Alongside her training and consultancy work, she lectures and speaks about public relations in New Zealand and around the world. Recent publications include a chapter on future public relations practice in the CIPR book, ‘Lessons from Expert Practitioners’. Her career spans the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and, in 2012, was presented with the PRINZ President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.
This course content aligns with the professional capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To provide valued counsel and be a trusted advisor
- To offer organisational leadership
- To work within an ethical framework on behalf of the organisation, in line with professional and societal expectations
- To develop self and others, including continuing professional learning
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available for PRINZ Student members. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.