In the Hot Seat? Media and Presentation Training for PR and Communications Practitioners
April 22 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Understand how to best perform in broadcast media – a practical TV/Radio course to help you better appreciate what is required to make your clients media stars.
This is a course for PR people who:
- Are a spokesperson for their organisation
- Involved in media training their clients or colleagues
- Want better media coverage and outcomes for their clients
What is it really like to be interviewed on the radio, TV or for print?
As PR and Communications professionals you are constantly putting your clients or your key company personnel in front of the media – maybe it is time for you to experience exactly what that feels like? This course will not only give you the skills to better prepare your clients and colleagues with confidence and expertise, but also give you the skills to front the media for your organisation.
This practical and insightful course, run by award winning broadcaster Mary Lambie, is held in a TV studio in central Auckland and is designed to help you better understand what it takes to appear your very best in broadcast media. The skills you learn you can pass on to your clients/ senior management so the next time you want them to appear you know exactly how to prepare them – everything from messaging, to delivery to styling.
- Practical on air experience – TV and radio interviews
- Giving your best performance in front of a camera and radio microphone
- Advice on how to best deliver key messages in broadcast media
- A full appreciation of the pressure associated with being on air
- Dealing with difficult questions and difficult journalists
- Preparing your client or management team for on air – radio or TV
At the end of the session you will receive a USB of all your camera and radio work plus a Media Manual. Maximum of 6 participants only so book now.
Mary Lambie, Socius Media Ltd
Mary is the director of Socius Media, an Auckland based executive media training and media consultancy company.
As a journalist, she has worked as a foreign correspondent in Japan, hosted a wide range of radio and TV business shows and presented the long running TV One “Good Morning” show over a 30 year, multi award winning broadcasting career.
Mary is a frequent event MC plus panellist on TV3’s A.M Breakfast Show, The Project, Magic Radio and Newstalk ZB. She also sits on the PRINZ Northern Committee.
Mary is married to fellow broadcaster Jim Mora and together they have three teenagers and one very fluffy cat.
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.