PLEASE NOTE: This course will proceed in accordance with the traffic light system guidelines. Course numbers will be capped at a safe level for the region. Vaccine passport and mask use is mandatory. Venue specific guidelines TBC venue confirmation.
This course is limited to 20 participants. Small course numbers allow for tailored content and quality interactions between the facilitator and participants.
As PR practitioners, we now need to go beyond Traditional PR and learn how to build a solid Digital PR strategy (beyond just media and organic social) …or risk being left behind.
Our audiences are online, savvy and fully in control of who, what and where they get their information from.
This changes the game for PR/Communications practitioners and has huge ramifications for your organisation or clients in 2022 – and old-school PR practices no longer cut it.
Learn the art and science of Digital PR to future-proof your Communications career
Digital PR skills are now in real demand – from both employers and your clients.
Get the inside edge on Digital PR and make 2022 the year you stand out from the sea of traditional PR practitioners.
Our Digital PR101 course provides you with all the cutting edge Digital PR theories and processes to deliver you with the complete blueprint for your Digital PR success.
It has been specially designed to show you how to use new digital tools, data and online techniques to create a highly effective Digital PR strategy.
Not only does it take the guesswork out of your work, it also creates long-term impact that helps you grow your brand/client’s reputation, visibility and online authority.
It also allows you to go deeper – beyond column inches, sentiment and other vanity metrics (i.e. likes or followers) – to help show the true value and impact of your work.
This course covers:
- What Digital PR is and how to build an effective Digital PR strategy that caters for audiences in both ‘Search’ and ‘Browse’ mode
- How to leverage an integrated mix of channels (beyond just media and organic social) to build an omnipresence that builds a brand’s entire digital footprint or online authority
- How to use new PR, data analytics and measurement tools to take the ‘guess work’ out of your work and up your PR game
- The five key components your audiences are looking for in order and how to merge them into your work in order to build trust and authority for your/clients’ brand
- How to create an optimised, authentic content strategy that shows up online when your audience is looking for it (note: it’s no longer enough to be a good writer…you now need to gear your content properly for humans and search engine spiders)
- New media management techniques that are your ‘secret weapon’ when it comes to growing digital online authority.
- New digital measurement metrics that, for the first time, clearly demonstrate the true value and impact of your work.
This course is for PR and Communications professionals (both in-house and agency) who are serious about stepping up their PR game in 2022.
It also includes a one-hour, one-on-one coaching session with coach/mentor Charlene White from DigiPR after completing the course to help answer any additional questions you may have to get you on the road to adapting your work to the new world of Digital PR
Charlene White, Digital PR course facilitator
The course is run by Auckland-based Digital PR expert, Charlene White, who coaches PR agencies, in-house Comms teams and individuals on how to expand their PR skills beyond traditional media and PR techniques.
Having worked in high profile Corporate Comms roles in New Zealand, the UK and the Middle East, Charlene saw the impact the Digital Age was having on the Communications industry a few years ago – but found a lack of clarity and resources available to help PR pros learn and adapt to the new digital world.
As a result, she spent several years studying Digital PR from some of the best in the business. She has since developed a comprehensive yet, easy-to-follow, Digital PR process of her own which smashes traditional PR techniques together with new digital tools, data, SEO and measurement metrics to capture audiences in both digital ‘Browse’ and ‘Search’ mode.
Having seen the success her process was creating for her consulting clients, she launched DigiPR in 2019 to help PR pros lift their digital game.
Since then, she has coached hundreds of corporate teams, agencies and individuals on how to expand their digital skills and client offerings and to show the true value and impact of their work…beyond column inches and sentiment.
As well as being a trainer for PRINZ, she is also a coach for the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) and a mentor for Auckland University of Technology’s (AUT) Communications’ faculty.
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.